What’s included in a Genesis home electric service?
- Service cable or conduit from top of house to the meter base and from meter to panel
- Outdoor meter base
- Main electrical panel
- Breakers, including Arc-Fault breakers for the circuits required by code.
- Labelling of all the branch circuits in the panel
- GFCI protected receptacle at the main panel location
- Verifying that your grounding system is up to date. This includes two ground rods, water line, and gas line bonding if necessary.
- Permits and inspections. We handle all the paperwork headache for you.
- Optional: Whole house surge protector
- Optional: Generator inlet and utility interlock
The Genesis installation process
- We contact your utility company, register for a work order number with them and let them know what kind of service change you are planning.
- We contact your local city or municipality and take care of any permit paperwork that is required.
- Once the paperwork is in order, we will schedule a day that is convenient for you to have us come and perform the work. We guarantee a master electrician on every job.
- Due to the nature of the job, we will have your power turned off for a large portion of the day. Most residential refrigerators and freezers have no problem staying cold during this time. If you have other high priority uses let us know, and we can have a generator onsite to carry you through till the power is restored.
- We will identify the circuits throughout your house and label them in the panel.
- We will take care of clean up and disposal of all the old trash and equipment so you don’t have any extra workload when we are done.
- Once the work is complete we will call and schedule the electrical inspection and update you on the date the inspector is planning to come.
- You can rest easy, knowing that your electrical service will meet your needs for years to come.
If you frequently loose power during storms, we can help by installing a generator interlock kit, transfer switch, and a generator power inlet. There are many options surrounding generators and how they connect into your electric service. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to discuss your options!